Burj Dubai will overtake Taipei 101 and become the world’s tallest building. It’s already significantly higher than the Chicago Sears Tower (not counting the spire), and is quickly approaching the title of the highest concrete free-standing structure.
Watch video on the bottom of the page.
– Designed by Chicago architects Skidmore, Owings & Merrill for Emaar Properties.
– Will house hotel and condominiums, be largely residential.
– Completion date: June 30, 2009
– 959 meters high, 189 – 200 floors?
– An observation deck will be located on the 124th floor.
– The top residential level will only be 8 meters wide.
– Will have the fastest elevators in the world with a speed of 700m/min (42.3 kmh / 26.1 mph)
– When finished, It will be almost 40% taller than the the current tallest building, the Taipei 101.
Filed under: Skyscrapers |